Monday, March 29, 2010

Photos with a hint of mint!



For St. Patty's day I was completely unprepared.  With my war on germs I have been completely frazzled the last few weeks.  But Mr. RT helped me clean house from top to bottom and I am no on top of my game, which means its catch up time!
So I have quite an obession with a little blog named Bakerella .
She is from Atlanta and it is only a hop skip and jump from down here and she is inspiring!  So I went to her site to get a last minute idea for a green day!

brownie2




She came through like always!  With Mint Chip Brownies .  Now I know I know it sounds amazing, but it not only is great idea.  They are awesome brownies plain!  Believe me I made them plain too! I am going to put the recipe after the pictures!


brownie3



Dark Chocolate Mint Chip Brownies




10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (reserve remaining chips from bag to stir into batter)( I used tollhouse semi sweet chocolate chips)

1/3 cup butter

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 salt

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

12 ounces mint chips  (I used Toll house mint and dark chocolate chips.  If you can find them they are great!  I am also thinking about using Andes Creme de Minthe chips too!  They are with all the other chips!)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



Melt 10 oz. chocolate and butter in a small bowl in the microwave on medium. Melt for 1 minute and stir. Repeat until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.



In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Stir together with a wire whisk and set aside.



In your mixer, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla.



Add chocolate mixture to sugar. Then add flour mixture. Mix until combined.



Stir in mint chips and remaining chocolate chips.



Pour into a greased and floured 8X8 inch pan and bake forever. I mean about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.



Note: If I did these again, I would bake in a bigger pan (i used a 9x13 like she suggested and it was perfect) so they wouldn’t be so thick. The brownies fell slightly as the cooled and I might even go mintless( if you use mint go a little less the mint tends to over power the brownie. It also tastes amazing plain!).




Enjoy! Maybe(Definately!).

Bakerella Saved my St. Patty's Day!



Peace & blessings,

Baking Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment